The Luminox Evo Navy Seal Blackout Watch is a quintessential covert military operations watch.
The design is convert and care has been taken to avoid any unnecessary weight or bulk which may obstruct the user.
It flaunts a black-carbon, reinforced polymer case with a black-rubber strap.
It has unidirectional ratcheting black carbon-reinforced polymer bezel, black dial with luminous hands and black Arabic numeral hour markers.
Minute markers around the outer rim of the analog display, along with GMT scale.
Luminox Evo “Blackout”: Features
- Black polyester (carbon reinforced) case with a black rubber strap.
- Unidirectional ratcheting black polymer bezel.
- Black dial with luminous hands and black Arabic numeral hour markers.
- Minute markers around the outer rim. GMT scale.
- Date display at the 3 o’clock position.
- Swiss quartz movement.
- Scratch resistant mineral crystal.
- Protected crown.
- Screw down black carbon reinforced case back.
- Case diameter: 44 mm. Case thickness: 10 mm.
- Tang clasp.
- Water resistant at 200 meters / 660 feet.
Luminox Evo “Blackout”: Reviews & Ratings
Considering the Luminox Evo, Blackout is a basic, military watch – its ratings according to Amazon consumers were not bad at a 4.0. Its not the highest rated watch we have reviewed thus far, and it does not have some of the more advanced features of other watches on Military Watch Guide. However, given the price, the dark design and the good quality analog display, this watch managed to impress quite a few buyers.
Wow this watch is very black. The pictures do not do it justice. When I first opened the package I was amazed at the color. This watch is slick. – Mepreshlee
Great watch! I wear it in the field at work, in water, in 104 degree heat, falling and scraping it onto the ground with only minor scratches, still ticking. The tritium tubes in blue and the single orange at the 12’o clock position make the watch look great at night. Highly recommend for watch lovers in law enforcement. – Joseph Jones
Luminox Evo “Blackout”: Pros Vs. Cons
This watch received very conflicting reviews. While some simply loved this watch others proclaimed their deep disappointments with it.
Here are the main Pros and Cons of the Lumino Evo noted in buyer reviews:
- Boasts a super-cool Black-Ops modeled design
- Watch looks good at night, illuminated, glow.
- Watch is designed well, and is very durable.
- The color is amazing (pics don’t do it justice.)
- Great quality for the price!
- Extremely Light-weight, and classy.
- Band and strap is very comfortably worn.
- Stealthy and complimentary
- Tritium is weak and too thin to be effective
- Scratches and hands became loose in a few weeks
- Appears to be made very cheaply
- Cheap band, slips out of place frequently
- Cost $10 for repair (return shipping, to & from east coast)
Luminox Evo “Blackout”: Bottom Line
Given the very mixed reviews on the Luminox Evo, Blackout you must decide whether the pros of this watch outweigh the cons. However, if you like simple watches that are cost effective, durable, and ultra-sleek design, then you just may fall in love with this watch. It appears that this watch was given a bad-rep from buyers who expected far more out of it than the watch’s features supplied.
A covert military watch for men who require simplicity, this watch is definitely worth the purchase and is modest investment!